The Simpsons. Nothing beats an old episode full of clever/witty humour that does not exist in the new episodes. As a tribute, my friend and I decided to re-create the Good Morning Burger. This all came about when we found “creamery butter” at a small corner store. Let the madness begin!
or if you’re to lazy to watch a 29 second clip, the line goes like this: (imagine it with a sassy voice)
“We take eighteen ounces of sizzling ground beef, and then soak it in rich creamery butter. Then we top it off with bacon, ham and a fried egg. We call it, the Good Morning burger”
Good Morning Burger
- 250g RICH CREAMERY BUTTER
- 18 oz of lean ground beef
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs basil
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 20 good grinds of blk pepper ~ 1 tbs
- 1 tbs soy
- 1 tbs Worcestershire
- 1/3 cup brioche bread crumbs
- 6 strips of thick cut smoked bacon
- 1 smoked ham steak
- 1 large brown egg
- 1 brioche bun
- Form patty
- Melt 1/2 lbs (250 g) (2 sticks) of rich creamery butter unsalted in fry pan
- When melted pour into small deep sided sauce pan just wide enough to fit the burger for soaking
- Soak patty in butter for 15 minutes
- Sear on low 4 mins a side and finish in the oven 20mins till patty reaches 160
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, place bacon and bake for 15, turn up the heat to 400 flip bacon and warm ham steak with bacon.
- Pull burger place in melted butter, spoon and baste patty to help soak in rich creamery butter.
- Warm bun while soaking and fry egg in burger drippings
- Arrange it accordingly
I dare you to try taking a bite out of this. It’s probably as large as your face but who doesn’t love challenges. This can feed 3-4 people.