It’s always great to have company when baking, although I become a “no I’ll do that” for everything, it’s nice to have someone clean and prep with.
Initially these were supposed to be regular oatmeal banana muffins but with a load of ingredients around the house, how could you resist experimentation?
Using a basic muffin recipe, I substituted and added (as a chef or baker should). I have yet to start Ratio and learn all the basics of ratio cooking.
Wanting something to last a good portion of the day, it’s great to add numerous healthy alternatives to ones baking. These muffins are quite dense but does it’s job. 3 of them would keep one satisfied for a decent portion of the afternoon.
Hardy Trail Mix Muffins:
(makes about 24)
- 4 cups flour
- 1.5 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heaping 1/2 tea Ginger
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 bananas (mashed)
- 1 1/2 c oat
- 1/4 cranberries dried
- 1/4 raisin
- 1/2-1 cup toasted nuts
- Blueberries to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Sift flour, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- Add in sugar followed by the mashed bananas
- Mix in oats, cranberries, raisin, and nuts in intervals until incorporated
- Pour into muffin pans
- Decorate with blueberries or whatever you’d like
- Bake for 20-30 mins.
- (optional 1/4-1/2 cup milk for less dense)