It’s one of those days where you crave a certain type of food. I have a thing for avocados and tomatoes. I have always loved the creaminess of avocados and cheese so how could that not be a bad idea to combine them?
It’s great when you have mouths to feed so I find myself cooking other people’s lunches but hey, it’s all about practice right?
Creamy Avocado&Cheese Pasta
- 1.5 avocados
- 1 cup of sharp cheese
- 1/2 onion, chopped and caramelized
- 1/2 cup milk add according to desired consistency
- Prep all of you ingredients accordingly.
- Puree the avocado with a little bit of salt or lemon
- Pour into a pot along with cheese, onions and milk
- Stir until melted and serve on top of pasta. Salt/pepper to taste
Creamy without the calories and bad fats from whipping cream with a rich bold flavour from the caramelized onions. It’s great to use a sharp cheese because you don’t necessarily need to add too much salt and it would greatly benefit from a flavoured cheese like an applewood smoked cheddar or extra fort cheddar.