An exceptionally simple cake recipe for the summer days a the park.
Made with love, this is definitely a recipe that can satisfy a majority of people.
It’s not very sweet and has a very fresh taste to it because of the lemon and fresh strawberries. You can substitute half of the fresh berries with frozen but it’s summer so might as well go all out! Has a very nice tang and leaves a strawberry sweetness at the end. The texture is crunchy on the outside but moist and chewy inside. Definitely a different look for a “fruit cake”. Contains dairy.
adapted from Katie Mae’s Strawberry Muffin recipe via http://bit.ly/272U28
(1-9′ springform pan)
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 5 heaping tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 large lemon juice & zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 5 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven for 375 F & butter the cake pan
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the oil+milk+eggs+lemon juice until incorporated
- In a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients (flour+salt+baking powder+sugar+cinnamon+ginger+nutmeg+lemon zest)
- Pour the milk mixture gradually into the dry ingredients bowl.
- Gently mix in the strawberries, making sure that they’re evenly distributed in the mixture
- Fill cake pan
- Bake for 1 h 30m – 1h 45m